The California Academy for Economic Development (the Academy) is a center whose mission is devoted to career training, community education and research. By emphasizing innovation as well as tested methods, we strive to educate economic developers and communities on best practices to grow healthy, vibrant communities.
The Academy is a 501(c)3 non-profit, managed by the California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED).
- Provide quality professional development training and continuing education for economic development practitioners and governmental leaders through educational seminars sponsored at Association events and co-sponsored university-based career training leading to professional certification;
- Support the growth of the economic development profession and career advancement through the Academy’s education scholarship program;
- Provide California communities access to advisory resources through an on-site technical assistance program and coaching services;
- Sponsor the periodic release of key statewide economic information on emerging trends and policy issues affecting the California economy to inform communities, practitioners and business leaders; and
- Participate and collaborate with community and governmental leaders on innovative initiatives to increase economic development resources for California communities.
The mission of the Academy is supported through the dedicated efforts of our university, research and private sector partners.
Thank you to our sponsors: